Being “smart” is the future. No, we’re not talking about our brain power; we’re referring to our home’s ability to make our lives easier. With a wireless light switch, we have changed the way we control our lights.
Wireless switches work just like regular light switches but are capable of turning on, off, and scheduling our lights via voice-command or in-app control. These are becoming more of an everyday essential than a thing of the future. In the following guide, we reveal 10 of the top wireless light switches you can buy. Read on to find out which one we think is the best.
WIRELESS LIGHT SWITCH FAQ
1. WHAT IS A WIRELESS LIGHT SWITCH?
Wireless light switch replaces your traditional light switch to allow for hands-free control or control of multiple light sources in your home.
2. WHAT DOES A WIRELESS LIGHT SWITCH DO?
Wireless light switches allow you to control lights in your home by voice-command, through a smartphone app, or through an AI device.
3. HOW DOES WIRELESS LIGHT SWITCH WORK?
Wireless light switches works via wireless network to give you control over the lights in your home, either through voice command via an AI, or through an app on your phone. Some light switches also allow you to set timers and schedules, as well as adjust the color and dimness of your lights.
4. WHERE CAN YOU BUY THEM?
You can buy wireless light switches at your local home retailer or online at Amazon.com.
HOW WE REVIEWED
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: features, pros and cons, and warranty. Looking at features, we were able to learn about the different AI compatibilities of each wireless light switch, app controls, and settings. Looking at pros and cons, we were interested in understanding the drawbacks of each light switch as well as its strength.
Image from Pixabay
The budget for wireless light switches varies depending on the features they offer. Some light switches are more expensive because they have more home AI capabilities, dimmer and color settings, and timer and scheduling functions. Some light switches can connect with more light bulbs, which can also explain the higher expense.
WEMO LIGHT SWITCH
- Wi-Fi connectivity lets you control your lights from anywhere
- Free Wemo app allows you to schedule your lights
- Away Mode turns on and off lights for extra security when you're away
The Wemo Light Switch is an Amazon Alexa-compatible wireless light switch that works by voice command. With the help of the Wemo app, this light switch practically replaces your existing switches. You can also set timers and schedules through the app to fit your needs, such as pre-setting the porch light to turn on before sunset. Going out of town? With this light switch, you can set your lights to “Away Mode” to randomize lights in the house for safety precaution. If you have Nest installed, you can make your Wemo work together to automatically turn lights on for you when you’re home.
The Wemo Light Switch comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Easy to install
- Easy to set
- Works great with Alexa and Google Assistant
- WiFi connectivity issue for some users
- Poor customer support
- Dimming notches are hard to use
LUTRON CASETA WIRELESS SMART LIGHTING DIMMER SWITCH
- PEACE OF MIND: Set lights to automatically adjust with seasons so your family always comes back to a well-lit home; Enable smart away to randomly turn your lights on/off to look like you’re home even if you’re away (smart bridge, L-BDG2-WH, required)
- MOST CONNECTED: Caseta connects with more leading smart home devices – including Alexa, Apple HomeKit, the Google Assistant, Ring, Serena shades and Sonos – than any other smart lighting control brand (smart bridge required)
- CONTROL YOUR WAY: Caseta puts the smarts in the switch so you can control a variety of ways – via the free Lutron app, your voice or from the wall; Schedule lights to change at set times or activate scenes with the touch of a button (bridge required)
The Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch works with Amazon’s Alexa and other smart AI technology to bring you convenience and comfort. This wireless light switch is equipped with voice command capability to control the lights in your house. With easy installation, you can start using your light switch in just 15 minutes. In addition, this light switch allows you to control up to 17 bulbs per circuit, which means you can well replace all the switches in your home with just one Lutron Caseta. Finally, you can also control your lights with the Pico remote or the free Lutron app.
The Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch comes with a limited warranty.
- Easy to install
- Pico remote
- Works great
- No dimming setting with Lutron app
- Dimmer has no preset mode
- Difficult to use for some users
WEMO DIMMER WIFI LIGHT SWITCH
- Control and dim lights from anywhere. Only needs Wi-Fi. No Hub or subscription required.
- Control WeMo dimmer from the wall, the WeMo app, or with your voice when paired with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant and Apple homekit.
- Syncs with your schedule. Easily set schedules and timers so your lights do what you want when you want. You can even sync lights to adjust with the sunset and sunrise
The Wemo Dimmer WiFi Light Switch is a wireless light switch with Google and Alexa capabilities. Simply connect your light switch to your Wi-Fi network and start enjoying the hands-free convenience of being able to control your lights anywhere in your home. This light switch also works with the Wemo app, as well as Google Assistant. Plan your schedule accordingly and make it sync with this light switch via the timer setting. In addition, with Night Mode, you can adjust just the dimness of the lights. This Wemo light switch also works with Nest to automatically sense your presence in the home and turn lights on and off accordingly.
The Wemo Dimmer WiFi Light Switch comes with a limited warranty.
- Easy to install and use
- Night mode
- No hub required
- Wemo app sluggish at times
LUTRON CASETA WIRELESS SMART BRIDGE
- Connects with more leading smart home brands (including Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, the Google Assistant, Serena shades and Sonos) than any other smart home lighting control brand to manage lights, voice assistants, cameras, temperature, shades and music
- Works with Alexa to support dimming or switching the lights on/off through voice control (Alexa device and Caseta dimmers/switches sold separately)
- Easy to use and simple to set up; just connect to your router and follow app instructions
The Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge connects works with Amazon Alexa to bring you hands-free controls of lights in your home. This wireless light switch is easy to use as a Wi-Fi connection is all that you need. You can also connect this light switch to other smart home assistants, including Nest, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit. This light switch also relies on Clear Connect Technology to keep it from interfering or competing with other Wi-Fi devices in your home. With up to 50 Caseta-device connectivity capability, you can customize your entire home.
Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge comes with a limited warranty.
- Easy to install and use
- Pico remote
- Very responsive to voice command
- Does not work with Logitech Harmony Elite
- Stopped working after short use
- Cumbersome app
ECOBEE SWITCH+ SMART LIGHT SWITCH
- BEYOND SMART LIGHTING: With built-in motion detection, ambient light sensors, and built-in Alexa you can control your home’s lighting like never before.
- EASILY INSTALL YOURSELF: It only takes about 45 minutes, thanks to an in-app step-by-step walkthrough and handy videos. Everything you need comes in the box—no need for an electrician.
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: Don’t feel like getting off the couch. No problem. Use the ecobee mobile app on your Android or iOS device to switch the lights on or off – or just go ahead and ask Alexa.
The ecobee Switch+ Smart Light Switch is an innovative Amazon Alexa-compatible device that has built-in motion detection and ambient light sensors. This light switch also allows you to pair it with the ecobee Smart Thermostat for both temperature and light adjustments. With simple to follow step-by-step instructions, this light switch is easy to install and connects seamlessly to your Wi-Fi network. You can also control your lights remotely with the help of the ecobee app.
The ecobee Switch+ Smart Light Switch comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Works with ecobee Smart Thermostat
- Motion sensor
- Great for controlling nightlights
- Mic does not recognize voice well
- Slow performance
- Switch cover is not flush with the wall
TP-LINK HS200 SWITCH
- Easy guided install: Neutral wire is required, standard wall plate size. No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs auxiliary switch configurations; The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation. Need 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Control from anywhere: Monitor your light status. Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation
- Voice control: Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling the lights in your home with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant; perfect for times when your hands are full or entering a dark room
The TP-Link HS200 Switch has built-in voice recognition capability and is compatible with all major home AIs, including Amazon Alexa, Microsoft Cortana, and Google Assistant. This wireless light switch provides hands-free convenience of being able to control your lights from anywhere. Simply download the Kasa app and you can schedule and set your switch even when you’re not home. With easy-to-follow installation guides, you don’t have to be an electrician to install this light switch yourself.
The TP-Link HS200 Switch comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Easy to install and set up
- Kasa app
- Energy efficient
- Poor customer support
- Wi-Fi connectivity unstable
- Not many features
PHILIPS HUE SMART DIMMER SWITCH
- TAKE CONTROL: The Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch allows you to control your Philips Hue smart lights from the comfort of your couch or bed. The battery-powered Wireless Hue Dimmer Switch with Remote smoothly adjusts the intensity and color of your Philips Hue smart bulbs, and switches them on and off.
- SCHEDULE YOUR OWN CUSTOM LIGHTING SCENES: When using your Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch with Philips Hue Smart Bulbs, you can use the on-button to switch between 4 light recipes without the Philips Hue app, or use the Philips Hue app to configure your 4 favorite scenes hue ecosystem. This is the perfect way to personalize your smart home.
- LIMITLESS POSSIBILITIES: Control up to 50 lights using the Philips Hue hub, or use the Dimmer switch without the Philips Hue Hub to control up to 10 smart lights. The Philips Hue Dimmer switch doesn't require an internet connection to work.
The Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch works exclusively with Philips Hue smart light bulbs for hands-free controls of your lights wherever you are. This wireless light switch does not require any installation, because it relies on batteries to adjust the color and brightness of your bulbs. In addition, this light switch uses the Philips Hue app, so you can create your hue ecosystems in your home from anywhere. This light switch is also compatible with Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit. Finally, you can control up to 50 lights with the Philips Hue hub.
The Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Works great to control lights
- Philips Hue app customization
- Great dimmer capability
- Requires wall mounting
- Poor customer support
- No Wink support
LOGITECH POP ADD-ON HOME SWITCH
- Simple smart home control for the whole family: anyone in the home can control multiple smart home devices wirelessly with the press of a button instead of resorting to a smartphone app
- Customize each Pop button with up to three different commands. Easily trigger smart home devices with either a single-press, double-press, or press-and-hold.
- Controls smart lighting: Turns individual and groups of smart lights on/off to preset brightness, warmth and color levels. (Works with Philips Hue, LIFX, Insteon, Lutron lighting)
The Logitech Pop Add-On Home Switch relies on Wi-Fi connectivity to provide hands-free control of lights, music, and more in your home. This wireless light switch allows you to pair multiple devices without any installation required. In addition, this light switch works with other devices, including Philips Hue, Lutron, and Insteon, so you can easy access and customize your entire home. What’s more, this light switch can be paired with SONOS music system for a wireless listening experience.
The Logitech Pop Add-On Home Switch comes with a limited warranty.
- Easy to use and set up
- SONOS music system compatibility
- Can place the switch anywhere; not limited to wall
- POP starter pack required
- Doesn’t work with Apple HomeKit
- No dimming or color control
EVE 10027805 WIRELESS LIGHT SWITCH
- Switch lights on and off with your iPhone or iPad (Siri or app), or via the onboard switch
- HomeKit-enabled for unparalleled ease of use and advanced security, absolute data privacy
- Simultaneously control other Apple HomeKit-enabled accessories in scenes
The Eve 10027805 Wireless Light Switch features scene-setting capability so you can customize the lights in your home with ease and convenience. In addition, this wireless light switch is compatible with Apple HomeKit and Siri to give you the freedom of voice-command. This light switch is also easy to set up and uses Bluetooth low energy technology so there is no need for a hub or gateway. Finally, you can set timers and schedules to make your lights work for you.
The Eve 10027805 Wireless Light Switch comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Easy to install
- Works with Apple HomeKit
- Many lighting options to choose from
- Clunky app
- Sunset and sunrise settings poor
- Poor customer support
- [REMOTE CONTROL]: You can remote control your lights at anytime anywhere, get Ankuoo smart switches installed in your room and start to enjoy remote control with no limits. No need to control it manually. Just download free APP NEO to control.
- [EASY INSTALLATION] No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs. Our improved illustrated user manual will guide you step by step, no worries. NOTICE: This Device Requires Neutral Wire at home, Works in 2. 4GHz Wi-Fi Band, Support Single-Pole, not compatible with three-way connection or single hot/load wire switches.
- [TIME SCHEDULE] Ankuoo Smart Wall Switch with Timer removes your worry about forgetting to turn off your devices. Set time for Evening. Then never back to a dark house. Timer/Countdown, make your switches turn On/Off automatically at the certain moments that you set.
The Ankuoo Neo Wi-Fi Light Switch is a wireless light switch that uses Home Automation App to allow for hands-free control of the light settings in your home. This light switch is not compatible with Amazon Alexa. But, you can still set timers, countdowns, and anti-theft functions through the Neo app wherever you are. In addition, this light switch is easy to install and can be used with other switches in your home.
The Ankuoo Neo Wi-Fi Light Switch comes with a limited warranty.
- Easy to install
- Easy to set up
- Smooth home automation
- No Alexa compatibility
- Goes offline randomly
- Does not sync well with mobile devices
After reviewing all 10 products, we present our verdict for the best wireless light switch you can buy today: The Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge. This wireless light switch works seamlessly with Amazon Alexa and other home assistants to give you the convenience of hands-free control over your lights. It’s easy to set up, and you’ll rest easy knowing that you can rely on a stable Wi-Fi connection with its built-in Clear Connect Technology. With the smartphone app, you can set timers and schedules even when you’re not home. The best part is, you can customize the lights in your home any way you like as this Smart Bridge can connect with up to 50 Caseta devices.
Last update on 2021-05-09 at 02:14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API