If you are like most of us, the following scenario has occurred to you more often than you'd like. It goes something like this: You place your left-over pizza slice into your traditional magnetic coil-powered microwave, punch in a time or press a reheat button marked "Pizza." You wait patiently, and finally a loud "beep" tells you that it's done. You take out your pizza, take a bite, only to find out that half of is still stone cold and the other half is way too overcooked. Sound familiar? With an inverter microwave, you can put that scenario to rest and welcome a future of evenly and completely cooked foods.
In the following guide, we present 10 of the top inverter microwaves as well as the one we think is the best choice of 2019.
INVERTER MICROWAVE FAQ
1. WHAT IS AN INVERTER MICROWAVE?
An inverter microwave is a type of microwave oven that relies on inverter technology as opposed to traditional magnetic coils or transformers to provide the power it needs to heat food.
2. WHAT DOES AN INVERTER MICROWAVE DO?
An inverter microwave provides tremendous power to quickly cook, thaw, and reheat foods.
3. HOW DOES AN INVERTER MICROWAVE WORK?
An inverter microwave uses inverter technology to deliver powerful heating and cooking functionality. These microwaves are often compact in size and are designed to deliver even cooking. Many of these microwaves also feature a heat sensor to automatically detect the type of food you're cooking and adjust the temperature accordingly.
4. WHERE CAN YOU BUY THEM?
You can buy inverter microwaves at your local home retailer or online at Amazon.com.
HOW WE REVIEWED
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: features, pros & cons, price, where to buy, and warranty. Looking at features, we were able to learn about the different functions of these 10 inverter microwaves, including reheating, thawing, capacity, and power. Looking at pros and cons, we were able to gauge how well these features performed when used in real life. We also took into account the price, as that tells us whether the cost is reflective of the overall quality of each microwave.
OVERALL PRICE RANGE OF THIS PRODUCT (AND SIMILAR PRODUCTS)
Inverter microwaves range in price from around $133 to $549.00. Certain microwaves cost more because they feature higher capacity, higher wattage, more reheating capabilities, as well as better thawing functionality. Some microwaves have sensor reheat technology to allow the microwave to automatically adjust its power based on the foods being cooked. This, of course, can also explain the higher costs.
WHAT WE REVIEWED
- Panasonic microwave: This 1200 watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity black countertop microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter technology with turbo defrost: patented inverter technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; advanced inverter turbo defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Compact design: this countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; internal dimensions (h x w x d): 9 15/16 inch x 13 15/16 inch x 14 3/8 inch
The Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN651B is an inverter microwave with a genius sensor that automatically adjusts the cooking power and time for different foods. This microwave also features 12 preset menu items, a quick-minute button, and a keep warm feature so you can enjoy your foods when you want.
This 1200-watt high power microwave comes equipped with inverter technology as well as turbo defrost functionality so you can start cooking delicious meals sooner. With 1.2 cubic-foot capacity and a 13.4-inch turntable, you can save space on your counter while receiving the benefit of a full-size commercial inverter microwave.
The Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN651B comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Stylish Black Stainless Steel with timeless design, external Dimension (wdh): 21. 819. 213 inches, internal Dimension (wdh): 15. 51710. 2 inches
- Inverter technology provides even heating and defrosting, enables faster cooking and more satisfying user experience
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potato, vegetables and more
The Toshiba EM245A5C-BS Microwave Oven features inverter technology and smart sensors to recognize different types of food for optimal heating and reheating. This inverter microwave features a pre-programmed sensor menu for a variety of commonly consumed foods, including pizza and fresh vegetables. The stainless steel exterior is stylish and fits well with most kitchens and appliances.
With 1.6 cubic feet capacity and a 13.6-inch turntable, you can fit larger items inside the microwave while preserving precious space on your countertops. Equipped with 1200 watts of power, this microwave also features a large LCD display screen that is both easy to read and operate. Finally, the glass turntable is easy to clean and the safety lock mechanism prevents injuries at all times.
The Toshiba EM245A5C-BS Microwave Oven comes with a limited warranty.
The Panasonic NN-SD775S Microwave features inverter technology to deliver even and powerful cooking. This inverter microwave comes equipped with new Cyclonic Wave technology for super-efficient cooking at all temperature levels. With auto-adjust functionality, this microwave can handle large volumes of cooking at a compact size.
In addition, you can rely on automatic controls to keep your food warm, adjust the power, and set the timer. The LCD display is easy to read and tells you everything you need to know to make your next delicious meal. Finally, this 1250-watt microwave comes with two different sized turntables to fit all your cooking needs.
The Panasonic NN-SD775S Microwave comes with a limited warranty.
The Bosch HMV5052U Microwave features 1100 watts of power and 10 power levels to accommodate all of your cooking needs. Whether you are cooking for a group gathering or preparing dinner for yourself and your loved ones, this inverter microwave is sure to help you cook up a delicious meal in no time. Featuring a stainless steel exterior, this microwave is stylish, durable, and compact enough to fit even the tightest kitchen spaces. With a glass turntable that is both sizeable and easy to clean, you can cook up large volumes of food without having to switch to a bigger commercial sized microwave.
The Bosch HMV5052U Microwave comes with a limited warranty.
- LG Smart Inverter replaces this all-or-nothing approach with precise, variable power that provides more even cooking and better defrosting
- Whether you're thawing a pound of hamburger or reheating last night's dinner, your food is heated evenly all the way through-with no more cold centers or overcooked edges
- LG's EasyClean interior - assisted by Anti-Bacterial Coating - resists stains and buildup, so cleaning your microwave doesn't have to be a chore
The LG LMC0975AST NeoChef Microwave Oven is a stainless steel countertop inverter microwave featuring LG Smart Inverter technology to provide the most powerful cooking power available. This microwave has variable power settings to fit different types of foods, including a powerful defrost setting that can thaw large volumes quickly and efficiently.
You can reheat foods quickly, too, with built-in heat sensors that detect the type of food being cooked. In addition, this microwave comes with LG's EasyClean interior that is anti-bacterial and stain-resistant. Finally, this microwave features a sleek SmoothTouch glass that is nice to look at and easy to use.
The LG LMC0975AST NeoChef Microwave Oven comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1250 Watt high power, 2.2 cubic foot capacity black countertop microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time. Power Source 120V / 60Hertz. Power Consumption 1460W
- Large Family Size: This countertop microwave with 16 1/2 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; Internal dimensions (H x W x D): 10 15/16 inch x 18 7/16 inch x 18 1/2 inch
The Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN936B features inverter technology and genius sensors to automatically adjust the microwave's cooking power based on the type of food being cooked. This inverter microwave is equipped with 1250 watts of power and 2.2 cubic-foot capacity, making it compact and powerful. In addition, this microwave features Turbo Defrost technology to quickly thaw large volumes of food without sacrificing the taste.
With a 16.5 inch turntable, this microwave is the perfect companion for your next family gathering or party. You can rely on 14 preset menu items to heat up your food with just one click of a button. This microwave is safe to use around children, as it comes equipped with a child safety lock. You can also keep your food warm with the microwave built-in keep warm function.
The Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN936B comes with a limited warranty.
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200 Watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built in microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; Internal dimensions (H x W x D): 9 15/16 inch x 15 13/16 inch x 14 3/8 inch
The Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S features 1200-watts of power and 1.2 cubic feet of volume capacity to deliver big power in a compact size. This countertop stainless steel inverter microwave features Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost, so you can reduce the thawing time even with large volumes of food. In addition, the inverter technology ensures that all your foods are cooked evenly with flavors intact.
The compact design is perfect for any sized kitchen and the sleek stainless steel exterior is both stylish and easy to maintain. Reheat all kinds of foods effortlessly with the built-in Genius sensor, which automatically adjusts the cooking temperature based on the type of food being cooked. You can even keep your food warm for however long you like, thanks to the built-in keep warm function. Like the other Panasonic models, this microwave also comes with 14 preset menu items to make reheating simple.
The Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S comes with a limited warranty.
- Microwave Output Power: 1200 Watts 2.2 cu. ft. of Cooking Space
- Sensor cook technology monitors your food to determine exactly when your food is ready
- 10 Microwave Power Levels, 11 Pre-programmed Recipes
The Emerson 1200W Microwave is a stainless steel countertop microwave that is powerful enough to handle large volumes of cooking. This inverter microwave features sensor cooking technology to automatically adjust to the perfect temperature for your foods. Choose from 10 power levels and 11 pre-programmed menu items for all your cooking and reheating needs.
You can also rely on this microwave to thaw out your foods efficiently, thanks to the help of a time and weight defrost setting. In addition, the child-safe lockout feature prevents injuries caused by accidentally opening the microwave door. Finally, the removable glass turntable is easy to clean and ensures an even cooking process.
The Emerson 1200W Microwave comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
After reviewing all 10 products based on the five parameters, we give you our verdict for the best inverter microwave to buy in 2018: The Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN936B. This powerful microwave comes equipped with 1250 watts to deliver thorough and consistent cooking in half the time. With Turbo Defrost technology, you can thaw large volumes of foods quickly without jeopardizing the taste.
In addition, with built-in Genius Sensor, you can take the guesswork out of reheating your favorite snacks and meals as this microwave will automatically adjust the cooking temperature to fit the type of food being cooked. Moreover, with 14 preset menu items, you can enjoy your meals with only one touch of a button.
The best part is, this microwave will ensure all your foods are heated up consistently, thanks to its powerful Inverter Technology. Finally, with child-safe lock technology, injuries caused by accidentally opening the microwave door can be a thing of the past.
If you're looking to replace your old microwave, look no further than Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN936B. We are confident you'll agree that it's the best inverter microwave of 2019!